Navaratri Bommala Golu 2012

I await for Navaratri every year. I decide some new theme for Bommala Golu. This year me and my son decided the theme as "Sri Rangam" with cricket playground in the centre. One side I have arranged the Srirangam Kovil-temple, Ranganathar, Andal, Anjaneyar, Garudan, Devotees, small huts and houses. On the other side is wedding taking place.  I have also arranged the vegetable vendors, Fruit vendor, black smith, Umbrella repairer, mask maker, carpet weaver, cobbler and so on.

My son Anirudh spread sand and arranged all the dolls. Its nice to assign some tasks to our children, involve them and also make them participate in the Navartri celebration.

I have added new dolls -"Poi Kal Kudurai and Karangattam"-Folklore of Tamil Nadu



















This village set up is free from Pollution as no motor bikes, cars are available. My Professor presented me with Mand Hechchu clay toy- Telangana Folklore.


I also welcome others to contribute their Navatri Bommala Golu celebration.


Comments

N.S.KASTURI RANGAN said…


Very well done.
You are an inspiration
N.S. Kasturi Rangan
4:26 PM

Popular posts from this blog

Panduga Sayanna-The Robinhood of Telangana

Tamasha Folk Theatre of Maharashtra

Oggu Katha - Oral Storytelling Theatrical Performance of Telangana